2019 - GOOD NEWS IN REVIEW
Happy New Year! ELI would like to thank our faithful friends and partners for your prayers and financial gifts that made such a huge impact in the lives of many in Zimbabwe and Zambia in 2019. God has blessed your generosity and answered our prayers. Please enjoy this review of a few of the accomplishments in 2019.
SUSU VILLAGE, ZAMBIA - A large plot of land was purchased and dedicated for the future site of the permanent library.
- Income generating & food production projects were established including a vegetable garden and orange tree grove.
- A goat herd was gifted which brought the addition of baby kids, Blessing and Mercy. Hope is due to arrive any day!
- The mobile library program is now reaching ten remote rural schools with more than 5000 students.
- There are now adult literacy programs in three Zambian villages.
- Native language Bibles distributed to rural Zambian pastors.
- The Domboshava Community Library was dedicated.
- An after school tutoring program has begun at the library.
- The adult literacy program now has eighty students!
- African Study Bibles and Commentaries were distributed to rural pastors in the Zambezi River area.
- Income generating and food production projects are in process- maize & vegetable garden, and a poultry project.
HEART OF MERCY ORPHAN SCHOOL KOTWA, ZIMBABWE
- Monthly food support was provided to help feed 53 children.
- Mosquito nets, quilts, and clothes were provided by friends from South Dakota.
In July, ELI Board members and volunteers traveled to Africa to see first hand all these accomplishments. It was a wonderful time as our American and African teams rejoiced and celebrated together the mercies and blessings of God. They also prayed and discussed the next steps forward in 2020 for ELI in Zambia and Zimbabwe.
Two ELI Board members also traveled to South Dakota this fall to personally thank friends who supported the land purchase in Susu and many other projects.
ELI is excited and looking forward to the next steps in 2020 to see God expand our mobile Library program in Susu Village, our literacy programs in Zimbabwe and Zambia, and the care of Heart of Mercy School. It is a bright and promising future for many in these underserved parts of the world. Look for good news as we launch our new website, elizabethslibrary.org or find us on Facebook and Instagram!